Thursday, March 18, 2010

10. Who wins the LOTTERY??


Money, money... every body needs some to survive.But what is the border of being money colic? People have an idea of "money buys everything" but thats ofcourse not true... Love or humanity cannot be bought.I dont know how i come to this point but my aim in this post to interrogate the text "The Lottery".

First of all the text is rich of characters.There are many of them with specific names.Because i will presentate this text, it confuses me a little to decide which ones are important to presentate.

The other issue that i want to get your attention is the sentences' structure. There are many wrong written words and also sentences don't start with capital letters.

I love the setting of the text which is June - i can assure you my birthday is in June too=) - and the weather is sunny and grasses are rich green.

The writer uses good vocab and i didn't know the meaning of some words like scold, fussing, and paraphernalia.

but to conclude it was an easy text to read so i recommend it to everyone.

3 comments:

  1. "presentate"...or present? :)

    Can you give an example of what you mean by incorrectly written words? Lack of capitalisation?

    Remember that you are analysing the story in terms of *themes*, not *characters*. That might help you to be more selective.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like I said before I liked the text too.;) By the way I really agree with the subject which is about writer's language because while I was reading it, there is nothing wrong to be able to understand the text.:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. what i mean by incorrecctly written words is lack of capitalization like u said.
    we havent done the division of labor yet but when we do we will consider this:d

    ReplyDelete