Tuesday, January 5, 2010

18. What have i learnt in ENG 101 Class??


Well first of all, i learnt to be punctual.Works had to be done on time!
We should do our works neatly.We should do the readings on time and we shouldnt just skim them because later we have to read them anyway:D So here is a list of things for Ayşe which are TOTALLY true for me too. So with the permission of my roommate,here the LİST =)) ;

1)I get used to read long stories which lasted 10-20 pages.
2)I learnt literary terms like anti-hero,omniscient narration,dynamic character etc.
3)I get used to read serious articles about society's issues, in English.
(and i thought more deeply on photojournalism and reality shows)
4)I learnt "citation" and how to write academic articles in APA format.
5)I learnt how i must plan my article before writing it.
6)I learnt how to BLOG properly and continiously.( it is an important step for me because it was one of my ambitions , and thanks to this blog i created my personal blog in Turkish. I realised it is a habit. And i gained it with my ENG 101 blog.(i cant agree ayşe at this point =))
7)I learnt how to use Creative Commons and learned a new adress for finding photos: Flickr.
8)I learnt how to find academic articles with Google Scholar. And how to find them in Sabanci's information center.
9)İ learnt how to combine ideas between texts.
10)And Thank you SOnja, i love english one more time!!!


=))

1 comment:

  1. Wow, this is quite a list. I'm so happy to read it. Thank you! Making you love English was my ultimate goal... :)

    ReplyDelete